Freemed-YiRC - Module Setting
A module setting is an option which relates to one specific Freemed-YiRC module. The advantage of this is that an agency can further tweak certain aspects of how Freemed-YiRC looks and functions for their specific agency needs. In addition, the Freemed-YiRC project itself can respond much quicker by providing agency-specific tailoring while still maintaining one coherent code base, and not have to maintain multiple sets of program code for individual agencies. This is especially important when upgrades are released for Freemed-YiRC. If one agency has made heavy changes to their Freemed-YiRC code, then an upgrade may wipe out those changes. However, with the use of module settings and including that modified code in the main Freemed-YiRC code base (i.e., by contacting the project and submitting those changes), this situation does not have to happen any more.
Module settings were introduced in Freemed-YiRC V1.10.
How to Access the List of Module Settings
- Log in as the root administrative user in Freemed-YiRC. Your Freemed-YiRC administrator may have to do this for you if you do not have this access.
- At the bottom of the main menu for the root administrative user is a link named Settings, click on this.
- Find the link for Edit Module Settings in the Module Manager section, click on it.
- This will list all of the modules installed on your Freemed-YiRC system. Any module that has module settings will have a link to the right of it which reads Edit Module Settings. Click this link.
- A list of the module settings specific for this module will now be displayed. Please read the warning at the top of the page carefully, as well as the description of each setting carefully.
- Note, however, that you can switch a module setting back to it's original state after changing it. So you can test a module setting change. It is highly recommended that this only be done when there are no other users accessing the system!!!